My attempt at "scrapbooking."

How do busy mothers of multiple children find the time to drive to the craft store with the kids, choose paper and stickers and markers and books and cutting tools and pens while preventing the kids from grabbing everything off the shelves and getting bored and throwing tantrums, and then drive back home and lay out all the stuff without the kids scattering it all over the house?? That is why I have this blog instead!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Halloween is just around the corner!

Halloween is still a month away, I know. But the more children I have, and the older they get, the more pressure I feel to find them the perfect Halloween costume. If I wait too long, all of the good ones will be gone! Who cares if they change their minds, right? I give them a mom disclaimer mid-September or so..."OK, kids! Mommy is going to work now! We're putting the costumes out today! Are you sure that is what you want to be? You're positive? Because once I buy it, we're done! No more changing your minds!" This year, I was lucky that we had their top picks in stock. Dash from The Incredibles for Mason, and a flamingo for Georgia. Naturally, I picked hers. With Georgia being 18 months old, I reserve the right to pick the cutest, most over the top costume while I still can. And so she is going to be a furry, bubble gum pink flamingo with a bushy tail and wings and a huge beak sticking out over her forehead. It really is cute... wait until you see the photos. Harper informed me that she wants to be a princess. Naturally! She is 4 years old, and for the last 3 years, she has been a princess. We are making our way through the whole Disney princess family. This year, it is Belle, from Beauty and the Beast. "How sweet" was my frame of mind--cute little Harper in her gold and pink dress, smiling innocently at all of the treat giver outers-- until she told me that she wanted to be Belle because then she could be "MASTER OF THE BEAST!" (I type that in all caps because that is how she said it-- kind of loudly, in this menacing voice, with a devilish look in her eyes.) Oh, my.

I can just picture Halloween this year... one hyper superhero living up to his superhero name, one giggly pink bird toddling down the sidewalk, and one sweet looking beast master taming an imaginary beast. Trick or treat!!

No comments: