My attempt at "scrapbooking."

How do busy mothers of multiple children find the time to drive to the craft store with the kids, choose paper and stickers and markers and books and cutting tools and pens while preventing the kids from grabbing everything off the shelves and getting bored and throwing tantrums, and then drive back home and lay out all the stuff without the kids scattering it all over the house?? That is why I have this blog instead!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Sassy Sweetheart

How do I even begin to describe my little Harper? Is she 4, or is she 14? Is she sassy or is she sweet? Only a couple of the many questions that perplex me when it comes to our princess. A princess she definitely is-- she loves anything pink, shiny, sparkly, or girly. Many people say that she resembles me in looks, although it is hard for me to tell. I am honored though, since I think she is cute! Personality-wise, I suppose we share a couple of similarities-- we are both kind of shy around strangers, and we both have issues with not wanting to go to sleep at night! Other than that, she is quite her own person. She speaks her mind whether or not she is asked, and most of her statements are made with a hand on her hip, head cocked to the side and eyebrows raised. One minute she is issuing out hugs and kisses non-stop, and the next she needs to be left alone, and retreats to her room for some alone time. She definitely has a great imagination-- I love to pause outside of her room during those times and listen to her fantasies unfold. Harper isn't in school yet, and I can't say that I mind. For now, "ballet school" is enough for her, and enough for me too. I have a feeling that when she does enter school, she will go and go and not look back, and I feel sad when I think of that day approaching sooner rather than later.

Harper dances and sings her way around the house, around parks and beaches and shopping malls, and she dances and sings her way through her sweet little life. My prayer for her is that the dancing and singing never stops!

No comments: