My attempt at "scrapbooking."

How do busy mothers of multiple children find the time to drive to the craft store with the kids, choose paper and stickers and markers and books and cutting tools and pens while preventing the kids from grabbing everything off the shelves and getting bored and throwing tantrums, and then drive back home and lay out all the stuff without the kids scattering it all over the house?? That is why I have this blog instead!

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Face Powder Fiasco

If your 2 daughters are supposedly playing in their room and the older of the 2 comes downstairs and says, "Mommy, could you please not check on us?" then be scared. Be very, very scared. I asked why I should not check on them while simultaneously running up the stairs, and by the time I reached the top, the distinct smell of Cody face powder hit me. (You'd recognize the brand-- the round yellow container with a vintage looking powder puff design all over it. I've used it since I was allowed to wear makeup as a young teenager.) I opened the door to the girls' room and saw Georgia sitting in the middle of the floor, playing with Mason's truck. She glanced at me with a look of annoyance, as I was interrupting her play. I couldn't help but gasp; all I saw when I looked at her face were two big blue eyes. The rest of her face-- including her lips-- was one big powdery beige blob. It looked like someone took my baby's head and dipped it into a bag of flour. I imagine that it was the artistic work of her budding makeup artist sister, as I can't imagine that she could coat her own face so evenly and completely. The powder that remained in the jar after the face application (which couldn't have been much) was in a mound on the floor. I won't describe all that happened next, the "I'm so sorry, Mommy!!" and the tears and the thick cakey liquid that washed down the drain. I did ask Harper how the face powder traveled from the downstairs bathroom cabinet to the upstairs bedroom, and she honestly answered, "in my arms, behind my back, while you were washing the plates off in the kitchen." I always dreamed of having fun with makeup when I had little girls... just thought that I might be privileged enough to be part of the application process!



*photograph taken after much of the powder had been removed*

2 comments:

Tania said...

Oh my, is this what I have to look forward to? I am with you Shannon, hopefully I will be a part of the application process not the removal process. =) I am amazed that Harper was so forthcoming. Wink*

Gigi said...

Shannon love the blog about your children. Keep up the good work.
Ida