My attempt at "scrapbooking."

How do busy mothers of multiple children find the time to drive to the craft store with the kids, choose paper and stickers and markers and books and cutting tools and pens while preventing the kids from grabbing everything off the shelves and getting bored and throwing tantrums, and then drive back home and lay out all the stuff without the kids scattering it all over the house?? That is why I have this blog instead!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Georgia Girl

Baby Georgia, as Mason and Harper call her, is not so much of a baby anymore! It doesn't seem fair that the baby always grows up the fastest. I suppose that having 2 older siblings encourages her to make strides a bit sooner in an attempt to keep up. She is only 17 months old, but you can definitely see the wheels turning in her little mind! I dare not leave her alone, even for a moment. If I do, this is what will happen (based on previous experience):

If I go to the bathroom, when I come out, she will have red lipstick all over her face, and her entire body as well.

If I read Harper a story, she will take off her diaper, and whatever contents were in her diaper will be all over the floor.

If she goes into the bathroom by herself, she will come out soaking wet, having given her dolly a bath in the toilet. She will reek, not from the toilet water, but from Mommy's perfume that she doused herself and her doll with.

If I stick her in our small, gated backyard so that I can rush the groceries into the house, she will climb into the baby pool filled with nasty water that Gareth forgot to dump out, with clothes and shoes on and all, and will be sitting there looking at me with a "What? What is your problem?" type of expression when I gasp in horror at the sight of her.

Well, as you can see, keeping up with Georgia is a challenge, but it is highly hilarious as well. I can't even count the number of times that I have had to bite my lip to keep from laughing as I try to appear stern while disciplining her. I try to imprint permanent images of her in my mind of how she looks right now-- her chubby knees, her little white baby teeth, her blond curls, the expressions of surprise and delight on her sweet face as she explores her world. No matter how big she gets, or how old, she will forever be our Baby Georgia.

No comments: