My attempt at "scrapbooking."

How do busy mothers of multiple children find the time to drive to the craft store with the kids, choose paper and stickers and markers and books and cutting tools and pens while preventing the kids from grabbing everything off the shelves and getting bored and throwing tantrums, and then drive back home and lay out all the stuff without the kids scattering it all over the house?? That is why I have this blog instead!

Monday, September 8, 2008

My Sweet Mason

I can hardly believe that my precious baby boy has just started Kindergarten. He is a few weeks away from turning 6, and in those years that we have been blessed to have him as our son, he has developed such an amazing personality... such a kind soul.

As his mother, I would tell people about his dimples. About how they appear when he is feeling mischevious, or when I tell him how cute he is. I would tell you how Mason doesn't have a filter in his mind yet. He loves everyone he meets and doesn't see their differences. He has so much concern and compassion and kindness in his tiny body. He loves to learn and he loves to talk. He loves to love and be loved.

Mason would tell you other things about himself, I'm sure! Here is what Mason would want you to know about himself...

--I like superheroes. My favorite superhero is Spiderman, but sometimes it is Batman.
--My favorite color is orange, because it is bright and happy.
--I like the beach and my family and cartoons and coloring and my new dog Chewie.
--I want to learn about the planets and germs and weather and God.
--My sisters bother me, but I love them too. I won't let anyone hurt them.
--I am going to marry my friend Samantha when I am 10 and we will live across the street from my Oma.

He would tell you a lot more about himself-- as much as I would be willing to type. I love my boy more than I can say. When he goes to bed at night, my favorite thing to whisper to him is this... "How is it that out of all of the little boys in the whole world, I was so blessed that God gave me the very best one?"

No comments: