My attempt at "scrapbooking."

How do busy mothers of multiple children find the time to drive to the craft store with the kids, choose paper and stickers and markers and books and cutting tools and pens while preventing the kids from grabbing everything off the shelves and getting bored and throwing tantrums, and then drive back home and lay out all the stuff without the kids scattering it all over the house?? That is why I have this blog instead!

Friday, October 10, 2008

Sweet Sayings

How I wish that I had a filing system in my brain, filled to the brim with images of baby pudge and sounds of mischevious giggles and recollections of sweet sayings. And then on a sad day, or a rainy day, or a frustrating day, I could flip through my files and pull something out and my heart could be warmed by what their innocent minds once imagined.

My favorite saying of Mason's is "yesternight." As in "yesterday", but if something occured the night before, he says "yesternight" instead. He might be talking on the phone with my mom, and say, "Oma, we watched a really good movie yesternight." So cute.

And here is more cute: I was reading "Snow White" to the kids the other day, and as I got to the familiar saying involving the evil queen and her magic mirror, I thought I would test Harper's knowledge of the story. And so I started, "Mirror, mirror on the wall..." and waited for her to finish. She clearly couldn't recall what came next, so she paused for a moment, smiled, and said, "Be careful! Or you might fall!"

So many sweet little sayings, so little time to record them! I resolve at this moment to stop feeling guilty for all of the lovely, comedic utterances that have long since vanished from my mind, and set my sights on journaling from this point forward all of their childhood cuteness that I can muster. Better late than never!

No comments: