My attempt at "scrapbooking."

How do busy mothers of multiple children find the time to drive to the craft store with the kids, choose paper and stickers and markers and books and cutting tools and pens while preventing the kids from grabbing everything off the shelves and getting bored and throwing tantrums, and then drive back home and lay out all the stuff without the kids scattering it all over the house?? That is why I have this blog instead!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Just Hear Those Sleigh Bells Ring-a-ling...

My, the holiday fun we've been having! I guess that is my excuse for why I have been slacking off when it comes to writing. This year, all 3 kids are old enough to be involved and excited about the Christmas season. We went to a Christmas tree farm the Saturday after Thanksgiving... after 5 years of living in the Northwest, I still can't get over how scenic a trip to choose a Christmas tree can be! Mountains in the background, evergreens all around, bridges over streams...definitely better than a trip to the local Home Depot. Mason and Harper loved helping Gareth saw down the tree, and Georgia was a trooper riding on Gareth's back. So far, we've had "slumber parties" every weekend since Thanksgiving and have watched "The Grinch," "Rudolph," "Charlie Brown's Christmas," and "The Polar Express." More to come, I'm sure. This weekend we're planning on experiencing Christmastime in the city-- the mall downtown is 5 stories high, and they have a snowfall (soap foam--but it really does look like snow!) every night at 6 while they play Christmas carols and kids scream in excitement. We may also check out ice skating and the carousel. I will make every attempt to steal a few moments now and then to post more tales of holiday fun!

No comments: